View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2017, 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Moeller advanced model 

Post Moeller advanced model
Ok the old Moeller we used to customize was just okay. This new design has Super Tank-like filtration and aeration but the compactness and price of a non-insulated unit. This is 100% our design on the filter which I have yet to see anywhere on any other tank. I did a video of it today so you can see what it's like. Available for purchase in the actual store or online store. When Outfitters opens in Lenoir City next month, it will be available in East TN.

http://stripersoup.com/wpress/shop/#!/S ... ry=6630113

January 3rd, 2016, 6:59 pm

Post Re: Moeller advanced model
High speed intense review. I liked it!

January 3rd, 2016, 7:57 pm

That would fit good in my skiff, better than my home made 55 gal cut down, I will be saving up for one.

January 3rd, 2016, 8:06 pm

looks good :bow:

January 3rd, 2016, 8:12 pm

I would like to have one on my Mako....

January 3rd, 2016, 9:05 pm

Looks pretty nice at that price point.

January 3rd, 2016, 9:26 pm

Great design

January 4th, 2016, 12:31 am
2 Can Dos
2 Can Dos

Elements of the BA tank going into the Moeller redesign. Very cool. You guys are on fire! :fhair:

January 4th, 2016, 10:21 am

Kudo's for the brain power that went into those mods - the fit and finish kill anything anyone at Moeller or most could ever dream up or produce!
I built a rough DIY prototype 110gal version like that back in Aug 2013 that still works great.
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2145

January 4th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Nice looking tank! Great design in a small space.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

January 5th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Very nice! Great work dudes.
:tupl:

January 6th, 2016, 12:29 am
Profile WWW

I like it! Good job.

January 9th, 2016, 11:58 am

Just received another edition to my bait tank collection, which is the new Moeller Striper Soup edition. Ordered it Sunday night and got it midday Tuesday along with a few other SS goodies. That is what I call quick!

Let me explain my stupid status: I already have a SBT II Striper Soup tank, along with a Keep Alive, and now a Moeller. Plus a 500 gallon home tank. Yes, I have a issues. My ride is a Kenner 19' bay boat that does not have a wide beam (only 7'). Therefore a really big bait tank takes up a bunch of my floor space. Do I wish that I could run a 50-100 gallon tank on the boat? Yes, but that is not an option. If I have 1-2 more people in the boat then my 30 gallon SBT already puts us on top of one another. Also, the wife seems to think that it gets in her way from getting up on the deck and soaking up the sun. I love the SBT, but it does take up some room. I've come to the conclusion that more than one, or even two, bait tanks are needed.

Solution:
SBT: When I'm alone. When I'm going to catch bait. Also when I am going for several days or with one other die hard fisherman.
Moeller: Might be my go to tank now. Especially when others are in the boat. Quick trip to catch bait to replenish the home tank, Wife is going, etc.
Keep Alive: Only for cleaned out and hardened herring and perhaps shad.

Time will tell, but I am immediately impressed with the advanced Moeller. Hooked that bad boy up as soon as I got home. Really good water movement and air with the Danco and venturi system. Filtration seems very good. Really like the oval and compact design, along with the lid modifications. I'll probably look to add some handles on the top, and beef up the drain plug, but overall this tank is really sweet, especially for the cost. I also like that is easy to move around and clean. For the person who has the smaller boat or limited room then I say this is the tank! Shawn and Mike - Great frigging job!

March 1st, 2016, 8:53 pm

Wow man, that's a great write up! I'm glad you like the tank. It's a pretty slick little design and Mike has building them down to a science. Hopefully it will do what you need it to with the bait.

March 1st, 2016, 9:28 pm

That is a good write up Bob. Makes perfect sense to me, but you are only about a third as crazy as me, so you still may have a ways to go to get to "full on".

March 2nd, 2016, 1:24 am

Stepped up the game a little with a few minor tweaks. The tank is custom to our specs to a degree now. Filmed and edited a promo vid today. Don't miss the outtakes.

December 8th, 2016, 6:48 pm

Nice video - so a native upload to FB vs the YouTube link!

December 8th, 2016, 9:29 pm
3 Can Dos
3 Can Dos

I own the unit and it has changed my catch rate per bait by 150%. I started striper fishing this past summer on the skinny rivers in Georgia and was bringing 3 dozen medium shad in 2 aerated buckets...in 90 degree heat at that. When I saw the tank I knew I could fit in on my inflatable kayak, and with a tiny 20 lb. Mazda Miata car battery I can have good lively bait all day long and I really didn't have to add that much ice throughout the day. I used an ice water drenched, thick towel spread over it which you can see in the photo. Not one issue with any part of the build and efficiency of this tank. 3 dozen medium baits is easy and I've had them overnight and even 2 nights at a time. When I learned to catch my own shad i put them right in the tank and let the filters do the work. Water stays clear with even the funkiest baits. For my kayak and 15' G3 it is a perfect fit. I hope you guys are marketing them to the saltwater guys too, thats a huge market for flats guys trying to keep the boat light. Great job dudes.

December 8th, 2016, 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]