View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 30th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New to the forum from North Carolina 

Post New to the forum from North Carolina
New to the forum, not to fishing, joined for the wealth of information you guys have for bait tanks, home tanks and equipment. Have caught numerous stripers on my home waters here in central North Carolina, Spent a couple years fishing the local Catfish Tournament series with Jim Davison, super great guy. I'm the brains and brawn behind my small side business of custom aluminum jon boat repair and custom fabrication. I work on a lot of outboard jet boats, currently I own a small but fast Lowe Roughneck tunnel hull with 90/65 Mercury 2 stroke jet, a little tweaking on the power head, she's quick and shallow. Looking forward to learning some things, and maybe helping someone out.

April 18th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Post Re: New to the forum from North Carolina
Welcome aboard David, you are in the right place for anything to do with stripers and bait!

April 18th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Welcome aboard David! Bunch of good people on here and almost all are live bait junkies I know you will fit right in.

Btw, we just tried a jet wing on Mac's outboard jet and low speed steer is greatly improved (no more sawing the wheel) and the trolling motor tracks right now. Haven't blasted anything with it yet, so can't speak for durability yet lol

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

April 19th, 2017, 8:57 am

Jim Davisson wrote:
Welcome aboard David! Bunch of good people on here and almost all are live bait junkies I know you will fit right in.

Btw, we just tried a jet wing on Mac's outboard jet and low speed steer is greatly improved (no more sawing the wheel) and the trolling motor tracks right now. Haven't blasted anything with it yet, so can't speak for durability yet lol

Good to hear Jim, I recently installed Hydraulic steering on the Head hunter, boy that makes a world of difference steering at low speeds.

April 19th, 2017, 9:26 am
2 Can Dos
2 Can Dos

Welcome David.

April 19th, 2017, 10:42 am

Welcome to the Soup David.

April 19th, 2017, 12:25 pm
19 Can Dos
19 Can Dos

Welcome from a fellow NC guy....

April 19th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Hi David and yes welcome to the Soup. I was around before most of the folks here were born (not Ezell Cox or Mike Werner). The folks here are of the down home Americana hearty variety who value good friends, love their dog more than most people and lie like a bear rug about fishing stories. (David Powell and Will Hackney post photo shopped pictures of their catch, it is alleged.)

April 21st, 2017, 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]