New to the forum from North Carolina

You may not be new to striper fishing, but you're still a NEWBIE here! It's ok, tell us about yourself. Don't forget to update your location.
David Locklear

New to the forum from North Carolina

Post by David Locklear » April 18th, 2017, 3:47 pm

New to the forum, not to fishing, joined for the wealth of information you guys have for bait tanks, home tanks and equipment. Have caught numerous stripers on my home waters here in central North Carolina, Spent a couple years fishing the local Catfish Tournament series with Jim Davison, super great guy. I'm the brains and brawn behind my small side business of custom aluminum jon boat repair and custom fabrication. I work on a lot of outboard jet boats, currently I own a small but fast Lowe Roughneck tunnel hull with 90/65 Mercury 2 stroke jet, a little tweaking on the power head, she's quick and shallow. Looking forward to learning some things, and maybe helping someone out.

Tim Edwards

Re: New to the forum from North Carolina

Post by Tim Edwards » April 18th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Welcome aboard David, you are in the right place for anything to do with stripers and bait!

Jim Davisson

Post by Jim Davisson » April 19th, 2017, 8:57 am

Welcome aboard David! Bunch of good people on here and almost all are live bait junkies I know you will fit right in.

Btw, we just tried a jet wing on Mac's outboard jet and low speed steer is greatly improved (no more sawing the wheel) and the trolling motor tracks right now. Haven't blasted anything with it yet, so can't speak for durability yet lol
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

David Locklear

Post by David Locklear » April 19th, 2017, 9:26 am

Jim Davisson wrote:Welcome aboard David! Bunch of good people on here and almost all are live bait junkies I know you will fit right in.

Btw, we just tried a jet wing on Mac's outboard jet and low speed steer is greatly improved (no more sawing the wheel) and the trolling motor tracks right now. Haven't blasted anything with it yet, so can't speak for durability yet lol
Good to hear Jim, I recently installed Hydraulic steering on the Head hunter, boy that makes a world of difference steering at low speeds.

Ralph Myers

Post by Ralph Myers » April 19th, 2017, 10:42 am

Welcome David.

Mike Werner

Post by Mike Werner » April 19th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Welcome to the Soup David.

Mike Ward

Post by Mike Ward » April 19th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Welcome from a fellow NC guy....
mwardncsu

John Trembley

Post by John Trembley » April 21st, 2017, 5:18 pm

Hi David and yes welcome to the Soup. I was around before most of the folks here were born (not Ezell Cox or Mike Werner). The folks here are of the down home Americana hearty variety who value good friends, love their dog more than most people and lie like a bear rug about fishing stories. (David Powell and Will Hackney post photo shopped pictures of their catch, it is alleged.)

Sam Locklear

Post by Sam Locklear » June 4th, 2017, 9:12 pm

That's funny stuff!

Like the name!

Jason Burnette

Post by Jason Burnette » June 5th, 2017, 7:38 am

Welcome aboard!

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”