ga power close juliette campground

Go Dawgs

Jay Garrell

Re: ga power close juliette campground

Post by Jay Garrell » August 10th, 2016, 11:15 am

Its too much money for two guys with a weed wacker and broom to go through there for 4 hrs once a month. Power bills will increase! Now they are gonna spend twice the amount of money having that area patrolled to make sure no one is camping there.
The tug is the drug!

Shawn McNew

Post by Shawn McNew » August 10th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Jay Garrell wrote:Its too much money for two guys with a weed wacker and broom to go through there for 4 hrs once a month. Power bills will increase! Now they are gonna spend twice the amount of money having that area patrolled to make sure no one is camping there.
You got that right! One evening right before dark out there a big thunderstorm came up and Jon and I took shelter under one of the pavilions near the power plant. It poured forever, like over an hour, so we just sat there and talked in the dark. All of a sudden we were confronted by a GA Pwr security guy with his hand on his gun in draw mode. We were like dude, it's storming and this was the closest shelter, we're just sitting here. He ended up helping us out and took me to the lower ramp where we had put in and let us bring the truck back to take out at the plant ramp right next to the pavilion. I'll never forget, it was still raining and I had to back a tiny trailer with an old dodge DUALLY in the dark down a ramp I'd never been on. Remember that Jon?

travis mabe

Post by travis mabe » August 10th, 2016, 9:05 pm

:tdown: BULL---- Jay has it right

Jonathanharrison

Post by Jonathanharrison » August 11th, 2016, 8:11 am

shawn
that storm / trip was crazy
both of us were in bad shape (my back, your condition) we were limping up the little hill.
if the boat was not kinda beached it would of sank.
And the ram trans died on the way to the lake lost a lot of power. had to replace it, but it was under warranty.
AKA Jonfishmacon

Return to “Georgia”