BIG UPDATE COMING 11-30-17

READ THESE FIRST! Important Striper Soup stuff.
Shawn McNew

BIG UPDATE COMING 11-30-17

Post by Shawn McNew » November 30th, 2017, 5:25 pm

Guys, I'm going to attempt to update the forum tonight. Wish me luck. It could take a while, but if things don't work, or blow up, or catch on fire, I will try to revert it back to where it is now. I haven't updated in a while. We are sitting at phpbb version 3.0.11 right now. 3.0.14 is available which wouldn't really change anything. 3.1 is an upgrade to what we've got, but 3.2 is available. The way it looks, I have to wipe out the entire thing (archived posts WILL NOT be lost, hopefully), and upload the entire new thing. I downloaded the database to my hard drive so I have the whole Soup on my computer. I don't know exactly what it will change, but I do know it's more secure and will add some useful features to make the forum more "social." I will start the update around 10pm so it'll be best if you're not on the forum trying to log in, etc. Wish me luck and if things look different tomorrow, that is GOOD. If shit goes horribly wrong, I will work as hard as I can to put things back where they are right now.

Shawn McNew

Re: BIG UPDATE COMING 11-30-17

Post by Shawn McNew » December 1st, 2017, 3:42 am

Well, it is now 2:40 am and I have failed to make a test forum update. I decided not to put the Soup under the knife until I ran a test install on a ghost forum which isn't going too well. I have chatted with pakistan, gone through lines of code, read troubleshooting guides until i'm about ready to troubleSHOOT myself in the face. Going to knock off for bed and maybe try anew tomorrow night if there's time and/or energy. Stay tuned...

Shawn McNew

Post by Shawn McNew » December 4th, 2017, 10:23 pm

Going for it again tonight. If nothing is changed tomorrow, then it didn't work and I'll go to plan C.
Attachments
forum admin.jpg
forum admin.jpg (430.21 KiB) Viewed 54 times

Shawn McNew

Post by Shawn McNew » December 5th, 2017, 4:55 am

I have been sitting at this computer doing this for 10 hours straight and just got it! I will be returning us back to our usual green in the coming days, but welcome to the LATEST version of the PHPBB board!!! Looks like very little has changed. Let me know if you're having any issues. I literally almost cried when I saw this worked, you guys don't know what I've been through trying to get this done. It's 4am now. Here's some screen shots for fun...
Attachments
12-5-17-error-convert-stripersoup.jpg
ugh
12-5-17-error-convert-stripersoup.jpg (111.54 KiB) Viewed 51 times
12-5-17-generalerror-stripersoup.jpg
UGGGH
12-5-17-generalerror-stripersoup.jpg (55.73 KiB) Viewed 51 times
12-5-17-successfulinstall-stripersoup.jpg
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
12-5-17-successfulinstall-stripersoup.jpg (156.83 KiB) Viewed 51 times

Return to “Striper Soup Announcements”