View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 25th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Taking it on the road..... 

Post Taking it on the road.....
Tyler and I have been talking about this for a while - wanted to try and pull it out last year but it didn't work out - but told ourselves we just had to make it happen, so....

We've decided that we will be kicking off the 2017/2018 Striper Mafia Tournament Series with a "road trip". We will be holding a tournament in the "Striper Holy Land" of East TN (Knoxville, TN area) on October 7, 2017.

More details to be forthcoming in terms of specifics on which water, times, and entry fees, but this will be a "higher stakes" event with higher entry fees and larger payouts with respect to what we've done in our SML events - though we still intend for it to be affordable to a team of anglers making the trip to east TN.

This will be a stand-alone, independent event from our SML events - we will still have the four SML events with best three of four scores going toward the Angler of the Year award on SML.

Hope that we can have a strong Souper representation at this event..... also hoping we can twist Shawn's arm to hold the annual Soup Troop this weekend...... we didn't have a lot of options for dates due to University of Tennessee & Virginia Tech home football games, and then some other tourneys, but I have some trusted input that early Oct would be a good time to target for this and that we can hold a CPR event safely on the right water.

A lot more details to come, but we wanted to push this out there so folks can hold the date. If you're interested in coming we'd like for you to go ahead and pre-register on the website so that we can keep you informed - this is not an absolute committal, but will help us make sure there is enough interest to go through the motions of planning it all and making the trip.

You can register at:

www.StriperMafia.com/registration

May 11th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Post Re: Taking it on the road.....
OK I did it. If my no good for nothing, worthless, dentist of a son would prefer to stay in Nashville chasing after Victoria Secret model looking ladies INSTEAD of fishing with his Dad, it will only be me and Blooddog, my trusty boxer. If another angler wants a place in my boat if my son is driven by his libido and not desire to catch stripers. I would be glad to offer a spot. My boat is a 19' Carolina Skiff and I have gear and 40 gallon bait tank. I REALLY hope Jeff will come along and see some of the old gang.

Is this a handicapped event? I mean I had a stroke, am old, shart on occasion and seem to be the only person who laughs at my own jokes - plus I only fish a few times a year.....I mean putting me up against David "Damn it guys I keep telling you I am not African American just because my Striper Soup picture makes me look like it" Powell OR Shawn "Fractured Fingers" McNew OR Keith "I needs ta blast another flying shad out of the air with my .45 handgun" Shannon OR Will "Dr Frisbee throw net but at least I catch shad!!!" Hackney is like Jon Harrison getting into a fist fight with Hillary Clinton. (She would wear his ass out.)

SO if it is handicapped and I am guaranteed to win something...I am ALL IN!

May 12th, 2017, 7:52 am

John - from what I've seen on Facebook I know what you mean about that son of yours chasing Victoria - sheese..... 8-)

Hopefully he can break away from Nashville for a weekend to join you. It should be a fun event for all and hopefully we'll be able to do as we have on SML and have a good number of raffle prizes for all the teams to have a chance at winning, and we typically use 10% of the pot to raffle back entry fees to the non-winning teams as well - still discussing the specific payout model for this event and exact entry fees, but it will prob be in the $350 - $450/boat range with an optional $50 big fish pot.... will be working to refine that and lock things down on that part of it soon. We're also working to confirm the specifics on water/waters.... This will be at least on Watts Bar - discussion is on-going if we should just allow folks to fish any East TN waters - or if its a more fair playing field for everyone to be limited to the Bar.... Welcome off-line feedback via PM!

May 12th, 2017, 10:37 am

I am all in no need to PM unless you want to talk bad about Mike Werner, Will Hackney, Shawn McNew and Stevie Ray Vaughn Hightower. Come to think of it heck lets just trash them so everyone can read it. They are great guys all of whom will attend and I hope finish behind us!!!

May 12th, 2017, 4:28 pm

Hillary would knock him on his ass. :antlers:

May 12th, 2017, 6:26 pm
Profile WWW

Ok guys - summer is slipping away - we're inside of 2 months from taking the Striper Mafia Tournament Series on the road.... still have a lot of details I need to get going - namely getting our great sponsors lined back up for a great third season - but we've nailed down a few details on the TN tournament

- Will be held on Watt's Bar waters only
- Catch-Photo-Release format - longest 2 fish
- Team Entry fee will be $400 / Optional Big Fish of $100/team
- 90% payout of Entry Fees - 100% payout of Big Fish fees
- Captains Meeting will be Friday evening at Big Fish Outfitters
- Post-Tournament Check-in / Awards will be at Big Fish Outfitters

A few other Soup-only rules......
- John Trembly is not allowed to fish waterboards
- Jeff Trembly must bring Victoria Secret and all her friends
- Will must fish only NC caught bait
- ShadMan is restricted to artificial baits only
- I don't know this for fact, but I've been told there will be a dozen free live skipjack for all entrants as a present from Big Fish Outfitters
- more to come....

You can pre-register over at www.StriperMafia.com/registration

August 8th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Will share the post on FB on Striper Soup. I will try to fish it, even though I don't like fishing for money....just catching bait for money! Guess I'll have to pull Urigs.

August 9th, 2017, 12:26 pm

Starting to get the ducks in a row.....

Rules & Entry Fee / Release form posted to the website: http://www.smlstripermafia.com/rules.html

Event details - including payouts, where to mail the entry fees (check) or you can drop the entry & form off at either Striper Soup Bait & Tackle or at Big Fish Outfitters (cash please) - http://www.smlstripermafia.com/201718-t ... eries.html - entry fees must be received by close of business on Sat 9/23, or post-marked by 9/23.

Do us a favor and pre-register here even if you mail in your form (or drop it off at BFO or SSBT) - as it will help me keep track and get data entered in more quickly - http://www.smlstripermafia.com/registration.html

August 30th, 2017, 8:56 pm

You can also drop off the entry form an entry fees (in cash) at Striper Soup Bait & Tackle in Acworth, GA when you're stopping by there to get some quality shad! Thanks Shawn!

September 4th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Alright - what Soupers are going to represent at the Watts Bar tourney?

Make sure to get your entry fee submitted in the mail by Saturday (must be postmarked by 9/23) or dropped off at Striper Soup Bait & Tackle or Big Fish Outfitters!

September 18th, 2017, 5:59 pm

I am in. Last time I checked I was fishing with David Powell and Todd Asher. :chef:

September 19th, 2017, 9:27 am
2 Can Dos
2 Can Dos

Shawn McNew wrote:
I am in. Last time I checked I was fishing with David Powell and Todd Asher. :chef:

OHHHHHHH SHIT!!!!!!!!!! I am putting my money on that group to win fo' sho'! :worthy:

September 19th, 2017, 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]