2016 Striper Mafia Fall Classic Presented by Striper Soup

Non-area specific place to post general info or questions about Striper.
Mike Ward

2016 Striper Mafia Fall Classic Presented by Striper Soup

Post by Mike Ward » November 2nd, 2016, 7:31 am

I thought I'd provide a quick re-cap here on the tournament we held this past weekend

61 teams, over 150 anglers of which 6 were women & 11 were youth 15 & under, and at least a few Soupers. Representation from VA, NC, WV, PA and maybe one or two others

The weather was perhaps too nice, but I told folks after the rain, wind, snow & bitter cold we had last season at every event I didn't want to hear about it :)

We were able to help raise over $1300 for a little girl recovering from a bone marrow transplant that will be at the Ronald McDonald House until at least after Christmas - we did this via donations & a 50/50 raffle, and the guy that won the raffle donated his winnings back.

A Major thanks to all our sponsors that allow us to make this as great an event as it is - and as special thanks to Shawn at Striper Soup! Over $9000 in cash & prizes were awarded during the event - and the 1st place team took home over $2500 and big fish paid out $1500 + a $250 gift card to Green Top Sporting Goods - not bad for a $100 entry tourney w/ optional $25 big fish - a great kick off to our 2016/17 season and looking forward to the ones to come - hope that more of you can make it out to one or more of these this season!

1st Place Winner - Team Gizzard Wizards

Big Fish Winner (37.75") -

My favorite - the youth competition

The Striper Mafia Crew

Others from the day

mwardncsu

John Kissella

Re: 2016 Striper Mafia Fall Classic Presented by Striper Sou

Post by John Kissella » November 2nd, 2016, 9:59 am

It was another First Class event put on by the Striper Mafia. A big thanks to Striper Soup and all of the other sponsors. Looking forward to December 3rd!

Derek Babb

Post by Derek Babb » November 4th, 2016, 8:09 am

Mike congratulations to you guys on a successful event. Not only is it a striper tournament it is also a great cause. Shawn, props for all the support. Just wanted to give you guys a shout-out for doing something awesome. :hellyea:

Shawn McNew

Post by Shawn McNew » November 4th, 2016, 8:16 am

Really glad to be the main sponsor of this series and I hope you guys continue to do it and push other trails to go to the CPR format. Awesome going!

David Powell

Post by David Powell » November 4th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Awesome and Congratulations to you guys!

Ken Sato

Post by Ken Sato » November 5th, 2016, 9:50 am

Mike, I commend you, Tyler and the Striper Mafia crew for being very generous and unselfish by promoting the sport and accommodating the youth group. Shawn, the same applies to you and the Striper Soup crew, that is awesome and very generous that you put your hard earned cash to support the event.
Makes me proud to be associated with this group!!! :salute:

Mike Ward

Post by Mike Ward » November 10th, 2016, 7:40 am

mwardncsu

Shawn McNew

Post by Shawn McNew » November 11th, 2016, 11:59 am

That was cool! I know how much work it is, but it looks like you guys are doing it right.

Jay Garrell

Post by Jay Garrell » November 11th, 2016, 1:42 pm

It is great to see how much success yall are having. Congratulations to all involved! Now where can I get one of those shirts??
The tug is the drug!

Mike Ward

Post by Mike Ward » November 11th, 2016, 5:10 pm

Jay Garrell wrote:It is great to see how much success yall are having. Congratulations to all involved! Now where can I get one of those shirts??
Wish I'd seen this a few min ago as I just sent in the order for a 2nd round... however, you're lucky in that I padded the order a little - as long as your L - 2XL, or maybe M & 3XL if you're really lucky, we have a limited quantity of some long-sleeve shirts that are not spoken for yet.

Shoot me a PM - long-sleeve are $22 plus $7 shipping if you can't make it to the tourney to pick it up :)
mwardncsu

Return to “Striper Talk”