Boat crash

Non-area specific place to post general info or questions about Striper.
Mike Meeks

Boat crash

Post by Mike Meeks » February 2nd, 2017, 7:17 pm

Hope neither boat that crashed this afternoon on Lake Allatoona was not any Soupers. Hate to hear about any boating accidents especially when lives are lost. Not much information at this time. Just know from the video's is it happened around Little River at the "S" turns.

Shawn McNew

Re: Boat crash

Post by Shawn McNew » February 3rd, 2017, 3:35 pm

Bass boat and an old fiberglass fishing boat. Don't know many details yet. At least 1 dead and 1 went to hospital. Last I heard they didn't know where guy #3 was at.

MarcFloyd

Post by MarcFloyd » February 3rd, 2017, 5:18 pm

It is scary to think this happened when there was probably only 20 boats on the entire lake. Just because we have boats capable of speeds in excess of 50mph does not mean that we have to go that fast. Looks like it was in a curvy section of the lake. Prayers to the families involved and hope we get recovery of the 2nd body so they can have closure.

Roland Zamorano

Post by Roland Zamorano » February 3rd, 2017, 7:12 pm

My condolences to all of the family members. I fish Allatoona, its a dangerous lake where this accident occured. Going 50 plus thru the the "S" turns is simply asking for trouble if you are not constantly watching. A little punt boat is easy to miss especially if its one of the cammo versions I see out there. Its truly sad. I have probably seen these folks at one time or another. Stay safe Soupers.

Shawn McNew

Post by Shawn McNew » February 4th, 2017, 11:42 am

#1 don't go too fast for conditions
#2 pay attention when in an area that may require quick action
#3 eat vienna sausages

Mike Meeks

Post by Mike Meeks » February 20th, 2017, 1:32 pm

I think if I read the article right they found the missing fisherman Sunday morning. Almost sounds like someone fishing found him. That is one of my biggest fears of fishing and hunting.

JoeWheeler

Post by JoeWheeler » December 11th, 2017, 9:10 pm

We had 2 perish in a crash near the landing I use on Clarks Hill - early part of the month. 3ish in the afternoon so most are still puzzled how it happened.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2017- ... s-released

Mike Werner

Post by Mike Werner » December 11th, 2017, 9:50 pm

I heard about that. Closing speed with two bass boats can be pretty quick. I got knocked out of my buddies boat a couple of years ago. Once it’s happening it is too late to do anything. I landed head down and my life jacket bobbed me right up to the surface.

will hackney

Post by will hackney » December 12th, 2017, 4:57 pm

Damn, Mike. We need to hear that story.

Mike Meeks

Post by Mike Meeks » December 14th, 2017, 1:57 pm

Not much to tell. From what I heard they collided in the "S" turns on the north end of Lake Allatoona. Flipping one bass boat and sinking the other. The "S: turns are very narrow at full pool and this was during the lake draw down ,so much closer. One was said to be idling and the outer running wide open. Two fishermen drowned, one was found body was recovered the same day the other was several days later. Sad day on the water. Some people at first thought it was something to due with that new Netflix show Ozark, since it is filmed in the same area.

Return to “Striper Talk”