Big Fish Outfitters

Non-area specific place to post general info or questions about Striper.
nick jeffers

Big Fish Outfitters

Post by nick jeffers » May 22nd, 2017, 9:16 am

I was able to sneak away for a weekend of fishing in East Tennessee, the fishing wasn't as good as I have seen in the past but like always we managed to catch a few and had a lot of fun. While up there I stopped into Big Fish Outfitters and had the opportunity to meet David (hell of a nice guy) as well as look around a store that has everything you could possibly need for striper fishing. The intent of this post is to say if you are up that way, swing by check them out and spend a little money to support a small business catering to the way we like to fish.

Shawn McNew

Re: Big Fish Outfitters

Post by Shawn McNew » May 22nd, 2017, 10:01 am

Glad you like BFO. David and Josh are doing a great job supplying the area and fishermen travelling abroad with all the gear they need.
The store is clean, nice, and awesome in pretty much every way. They are firmly rooted in the ways of Striper Soup and it shows in the style of the store, inventory, and shad tanks/supply. Everybody owes it to themselves to stop by and check it out and spend a little money with them so they can keep it going for years to come.

Jason Burnette

Post by Jason Burnette » May 22nd, 2017, 10:27 am

Shawn McNew wrote: Everybody owes it to themselves to stop by and check it out and spend a little money with them so they can keep it going for years to come.
^ This

Good dudes and a nice store. True asset to the area.

John Trembley

Post by John Trembley » May 22nd, 2017, 2:33 pm

I second everything that has been written about BFO. David Powell and Shawn McNew are cut out of similar cloth. Both are true sportsmen who love this sport. I am so happy to have this "Mom and Pop" Store in our area. No doubt folks can save a few bucks by shopping online BUT that is at the loss of integrity of the American way and to keeping fishing more pure. I know Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney and Mike Werner shop here when they are in the area.

Mike Werner

Post by Mike Werner » May 22nd, 2017, 7:32 pm

Well said. What a blessing to have those guys close by.

John DiFederico

Post by John DiFederico » May 23rd, 2017, 11:57 pm

I stopped in there a month ago and was very impressed. I did not have much time that evening but they had everything I needed.
looking forward to going back again soon.
John DiFederico
The Roving Angler.

David Powell

Post by David Powell » May 31st, 2017, 9:32 am

Thanks guys and appreciate the support! The beliefs of Striper Soup run deep through the shop and we have worked hard and stood firm to carry that on.

Return to “Striper Talk”