View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2017, 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 SST- Super Striper Tour 

Post SST- Super Striper Tour
Not really sure where to shove this one but does anybody know anything about these guys?
http://www.superstripertour.com/Page2.html

Tournaments appear to be at West Point, Lanier and Hartwell.
Thought about buying in on the West Point gig but it reads "artificial bait only".

Good luck trying to troll umbrellas or drop spoons down with the water at 624' or so.
To much flooded timber and that's going to get expensive really quick.

January 3rd, 2013, 1:26 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: SST- Super Striper Tour
I agree with their message, but their website scares me a little. Never heard of them and their claims are a little ambitious. I'll opt out until I hear some feedback.

January 3rd, 2013, 4:46 pm
6 Can Dos
6 Can Dos

The guy running it is a piece of work from what I have heard from folks that have talked to him. They haven't gotten much feedback because this is the 3rd time he has pushed it back from lack of support.

And from someone who fishes West Point mainly, there is no way I would pull a u-rig. You would leave much poorer in the pocket.

January 3rd, 2013, 6:26 pm

Their web site just gave me a headache. An artificial-only striper tour......I like the sounds of that! ;)

January 3rd, 2013, 7:33 pm
Profile WWW

$50,000 spring classic?? Where's that money coming from?

January 3rd, 2013, 8:21 pm

I agree with Mike and Shawn, the web sight gave me a headache and their entry fees don't add up to pay-out. I will be in Appling this weekend about 5 minutes from Clarkshill so I'll ride by and check it out, if it's going on as planned.

January 3rd, 2013, 9:15 pm

Most Striper fishermen, guides, etc. are live-baiters most the time, and I doubt they can draw enough artificial lure striper fishermen to ever be even moderately successful.

Shawn should consider starting, or "hosting", a striper tournament on some GA lakes. There is a LOT of striper fishermen on Lanier, as well as Toona, Westpoint, Clarks Hill, Hartwell, etc... Shawn could probably sell A LOT of baits for the tournament and possibly get some sponsors to get involved. I think the undoing of the NSBA was the prices got too high, especially to be in the "Gold Cup". When you pay that much to fish a tournament you really have to pre-fish a lot and spend days getting prepared. If the entry fees were like $50 per boat w/100% payout (plus Seeing Stripes membership and $20 per boat tournament set-up fee) with a $20 big fish pot, or something like that, there would probably be a decent turnout. If 3 guys are in the boat that would just be about $23 dollars each, which is less gas than most use on a fishing trip... Even if just 10 boats entered that would be $200 for Shawn + bait sales to make it worth his while, plus he could fish Tournament himself and possibly win. Best months would be like March-May and then Oct-December (skip Jan-Feb and summer months). Payout could be like 1st place-70%, 2nd place-20%, 3rd place-10%.

If 20 boats entered and did the $20 big fish pot that would make the winnings come out at:

Big fish pot- $400 (aka-Dirks Dollar's :D )
1st place- $700
2nd place- $200
3rd place- $100
Plus any sponsor donated items like Rods/Reels which could be given to the 4th, 5th places, etc...

Just thinking out loud, and Shawn might have already thought of all this and decided its not worth the hassle. Maybe against the fishing tournament thing altogether, but worth thinking about. I had a lot of fun in most the tournaments I fished, till it got so expensive I was mad if I didn't win something to recoup my $'s. Even someone as broke as me can find a couple guys to fish with and fork out $23... I spent twice that last time I went and bought trout, and 3 times that last time I filled up my truck........... I will shut-up now. :oops:

January 3rd, 2013, 10:42 pm

Dirk, I do want to run some tourneys under the Soup name to generate sales. They will be CPR. Sounds like you might make a good tournament director...

January 3rd, 2013, 11:59 pm

Never made it to clarks Hill and really didn't see many boats while I was in the area or on the way home?

January 6th, 2013, 11:10 am

Shawn McNew wrote:
Sounds like you might make a good tournament director...

I think I hear crickets chirping...

January 7th, 2013, 8:59 am

Unfortunately at THIS time my job is VERY TOUGH and I don't know from one day to the next what my schedule is. This makes it impossible for me to even plan a fishing trip for the next day, much less commit to doing a tournament, even on Saturdays. Hopefully my work situation will improve and I will be in better shape both financially, and schedule-wise in the not so distant future, but until then it is impossible for mew to commit to doing anything other than my best to pay the bills.

If my job gets more "normal", or if I start working somewhere with a more normal schedule (no Saturdays) then I would definitely be willing to help launch/run a few tournaments.

January 7th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Dirk Dial wrote:
...but until then it is impossible for mew to commit to doing anything ...

Did you just say meow?

January 7th, 2013, 3:28 pm

Maybe I did... :lol: :lol: :lol:

January 7th, 2013, 5:57 pm
3 Can Dos
3 Can Dos

Chicken fu*ker !!!!

January 7th, 2013, 8:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I sent this guy an email yesterday and kept it short.

West Point Tournament January 1-6-2013
Who won?
How many boats signed in?

Thanks

Response back:

Reel-E-Scoop exclusively for AWFA members…THE AWFA HAS SOMETHING FOR YOU...

Q&A-How does photo e contest work? Discover the ABC CHALLENGE…
"E " CONTEST were created to make it easy for the anglers that either don't have a boat, or own small water craft without a live well or don't have time to attend an ECOMEGATOUR event. NO PHOTO KIT TO BUY, All you have to do is record your catch on the event dates with your camera/camera phone and email them or upload them to facebook/awfa fishing...the advantages are many including a MEGA fishing area (fish where and when you want-your HONEY HOLES CLOSE TO HOME ), FLEXIBLE re-launching, CAPTAIN'S MEETING ONLINE and CLASSIC qualifying with a chance to go for a new truck and boat, plus a $2500 DRAWING... http://www.fish-one.net

Did you know…

There is an alternative to arm breaking casting of multi-bait rigs…it is a known fact that while reeling in a fish there are one or more fish following the hooked fish to the boat. A simple two bait rig can boat those trailing fish. The LENNY OVER&UNDER RIG uses two swim baits of your choice on a very easy to cast rig. All you need to do is pause your retrieve and give the catch a chance to zoom in on your trailing bait. Get the REEL-E-SCOOP for more info and tour updates with winning ways. Request at AWFAFISHING ON FACEBOOK OR AWFAFISHING.COM.

I am now convinced Lenny is a waste of time and bandwidth.

January 9th, 2013, 10:51 am
Profile WWW

what the hell kinda crap is that? if that's not a spam trap, i don't know what is!

January 9th, 2013, 12:27 pm

No surprise there... I expected about that after seeing the website. :x

January 9th, 2013, 3:59 pm

:lol:

January 9th, 2013, 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]