How to cook it?

Family vacation? Colonoscopy? A camping trip to the Urals...show us!
Ezell Cox

How to cook it?

Post by Ezell Cox » January 4th, 2014, 11:44 am

Some fishing trips are more memorable & this was a fun one. Scroll thru to see the better views of what you are eating.

How about a little culture shock :?:
I went striped bass fishing with Fred England to entertain his brother Michael and friends in from China for a visit the morning of April 15th. I had the bait (alewife) in my boat bait tank so Cousin Fred with wife Tammy that live on Norris followed in his pontoon to bottom fish on points with the other quests. We were having a fish fry that evening so we had already caught the fish the day before and did not need more so the plan was to release the fish caught. One of the two Chinese ladies could communicate and the other did not very well. WHY DID WE TURN THE FISH LOOSE UP TO 20 POUNDS ONCE CAUGHT? This seems to be a strange concept to them. It was a great catching trip. They convinced us to keep one of the fish for FISH HEAD SOUP. I cleaned it the way I always do and tried to satisfy her directions on the rest of the fish but had to just hand the knife over to her. There were about 25 of us cousins and friends for the 6:00 p.m. fish fry and I’ll give you one guess what the hot topic was. You are right if your guess is FISH HEAD SOUP and almost everyone just had to try it including me. It was great but I just could not bring myself to trying one of those BIG EYES and the last time I looked both were still in the pot looking up at us.
By the way the ladies scraped the breading off the fried fish if you wonder why they stay trim :!:

Mike Werner

Re: How to cook it?

Post by Mike Werner » January 4th, 2014, 6:18 pm

I scrolled through Ezell, but I found the first picture to be the most appetizing.

Shawn McNew

Post by Shawn McNew » January 4th, 2014, 6:56 pm

Mike Werner wrote:I scrolled through Ezell, but I found the first picture to be the most appetizing.
like :tupl:

Brett Wendel

Post by Brett Wendel » January 4th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Me wrikeee :geek:
Lanier Striped Bass Coalition
Lanier Striper Club
Oakwood Striper Club

Return to “Miscellaneous”