Shad Man Sunset

Family vacation? Colonoscopy? A camping trip to the Urals...show us!
Shawn McNew

Shad Man Sunset

Post by Shawn McNew » October 29th, 2015, 9:30 pm

This was a real cool pic that Chris took on my first throw tonight. Probably 150+ medium gizz in that net. Good stuff.
Attachments
10-29eveningnetting2.jpg
10-29eveningnetting2.jpg (63.57 KiB) Viewed 404 times

Randy Roy

Re: Shad Man Sunset

Post by Randy Roy » October 29th, 2015, 9:43 pm

Looks like a cover page on a magazine I'd subscribe to :chef:
I was out doing the same but for large. Found what I needed mid lake but it wasn't that easy. ...Netted some beautiful Charlie brown Xmas trees too, very colorful words describe the scene best.

Brice Connell

Post by Brice Connell » October 29th, 2015, 9:58 pm

Randy Roy wrote:Looks like a cover page on a magazine I'd subscribe to :chef:
I was out doing the same but for large. Found what I needed mid lake but it wasn't that easy. ...Netted some beautiful Charlie brown Xmas trees too, very colorful words describe the scene best.

Oh man Christmas tree must be aweful! Haven't been lucky enough to find one of those yet, but I did find a folding metal chair. Completely opened up and rusted to hell so it got all sorts of tangled in my net. Had some nice gizzards with it but had to let them out to get my net untangled from the chair. I also found what looked like a small engine carburetor. People throw some crazy stuff in the lake...

Nice Photo btw! I need to get better with the technique of lowering the bait near the weights without dumping them out.

Mike Ward

Post by Mike Ward » October 29th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Saw a beautiful sunset tonight myself....... but too busy with the net in hand to get a pic - and picking sticks and tons of crap out of the net every other throw - couple hours to yield 12 or 13 larger gizzards - most being dollar-bill-ish sized - smaller than I want..... Will head to where I know I need to be to get them tomorrow - was too many land-mines in the water today to run up there and then run back after dark......
mwardncsu

Jay Garrell

Post by Jay Garrell » October 30th, 2015, 9:38 am

Brice Connell wrote:
Randy Roy wrote:Looks like a cover page on a magazine I'd subscribe to :chef:

Oh man Christmas tree must be aweful! Haven't been lucky enough to find one of those yet, but I did find a folding metal chair. Completely opened up and rusted to hell so it got all sorts of tangled in my net. Had some nice gizzards with it but had to let them out to get my net untangled from the chair. I also found what looked like a small engine carburetor. People throw some crazy stuff in the lake...

Nice Photo btw! I need to get better with the technique of lowering the bait near the weights without dumping them out.

A Christmas tree is about as fun as an oyster bed!
The tug is the drug!

Chase Corder

Post by Chase Corder » October 30th, 2015, 10:53 am

neat

Return to “Miscellaneous”