View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2017, 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 North to Alaska the rush is on 

Post North to Alaska the rush is on

The scenery was spectacular with beautiful white topped mountains and green rainforests. The temperatures ranged from the low 70’s to the mid 50’s, perfect for layering clothes. Each day was clear and sunny. The ocean temperatures were in the 40’s. During this time of the year in Alaska the sun shines almost ‘round the clock, with the ‘nights’ being a beautiful twilight from 11pm to about 2 am. Calm seas and great fishing were enjoyed daily. Pybus Point Lodge provided great guides that put us on fish of all varieties. What a wonderful experience to catch halibut, pink, silver and king salmon, rock bass, yellow eye, dolly vardin, ling cod, and quillbacks. Truly a fisherman’s dream come true. As part of their services Pybus offers cabins with private baths (shared by 2 people) and excellent food prepared by their resident chef. We also had the fun of catching crab and shrimp and enjoyed eating all that we caught as part of our delicious meals. In addition, Pybus cleans your catch, vacuum packs it and freezes it in preparation for it to be shipped home with you.
We enjoyed the magnificent scenery, viewing wildlife of all sorts: Including humpback whales, Orca killer whales, sea lions, sea otters, bald eagles, brown bears, and all kinds of waterfowl, and other birds. We travelled to the Five Fingers Lighthouse, and waded the Little Pybus River while fly and spin fishing for dolly vardin, pink and silver salmon. We broke off pieces from icebergs from the sea, sat around a campfire, looked at Starfish all around the dock and gazed at the stars. All the while we were not bothered by flies, mosquitoes or any kind of pesky insects. I have no doubt that the guests on the cruise ships that would sometimes be within ½ mile of us were saying to themselves “I SURE DO WISH I WERE ON ONE OF THOSE FISHING BOATS CATCHING FISH LIKE THAT AND ENJOYING THE BEAUTY OF ALASKA IN THAT WAY.” I plan to go back to Alaska again to enjoy once again what is truly the trip of a lifetime…Ezell Cox
ALASKA FISHING TRIP SUMMER 2012
I WANT TO INVITE ALL MY FRIENDS ALONG ON THIS FANTASTIC ADVENTURE AND FISHING TRIP THIS YEAR. A number of people showed interest in going to Alaska in 2012 after hearing of the wonderful experiences I enjoyed last year. Well, it is time to make a commitment for this summer’s trip. We have reserved seats on the float plane from Juneau, Alaska to Pybus Point Lodge the morning of August 8th.
We have arranged for a discount of $300 off the regular price and the available spots will only be held until April 1st. As added incentive, if you pay your deposit by March 1st, you can enjoy another $200 off. The deposit for the trip is $500 and can be accepted by check or credit card.
To be a part of the EZELL/LLOYD TRIP your deposit needs to be sent to PYBUS POINT LODGE no later than April 1st. We only have 20 slots available and they will be filled on a paid deposit basis. If you need help or have questions contact JODY at PYBUS POINT LODGE (801-763-8310) directly, Captain Lloyd Malone (865-599-3014), or me (423-526-3295). I know you will not be disappointed in the fishing and the overall quality of the experience. This will truly be a ‘not to be forgotten’ adventure!

February 14th, 2012, 10:32 am

Post Re: North to Alaska the rush is on
Wish I could go!

How much is due after the deposit and how long are ya'll staying?

February 14th, 2012, 10:49 am

It is for 5 days & nights at Pybus Point Lodge. I think the cost is $3295 but go to wwwpybus.com

February 14th, 2012, 11:19 am

When is it so we don't miss you at the SSTG?

February 14th, 2012, 6:43 pm

I will be in Juneau Aug 8th

February 14th, 2012, 7:36 pm

That sounds like a wonderful trip Ezell. Thanks for letting us know about it.

February 14th, 2012, 8:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]