Cool sunset photo

Family vacation? Colonoscopy? A camping trip to the Urals...show us!
Dirk Dial

Cool sunset photo

Post by Dirk Dial » February 15th, 2012, 10:29 pm

I did NOT see stripes today, but I did get on the water for a few hours and dunked some gizzards and trout. No report forthcoming, but got a decent photo (for cell phone) of the sun setting through the clouds. Started to see some bait and some topwater just before dark but my wife was harassing me to get home so I left with no stripes landed... :cry:

Michael Hogue

Re: Cool sunset photo

Post by Michael Hogue » February 15th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Sounds like my kind of luck. Haha

Mike Ward

Post by Mike Ward » February 15th, 2012, 11:10 pm

Great pic....
mwardncsu

Mike Werner

Post by Mike Werner » February 16th, 2012, 9:33 am

That is a great cell phone shot. Could have convinced me it was sunrise. Good to see you getting out there stripes or not.

Dirk Dial

Post by Dirk Dial » February 16th, 2012, 1:36 pm

You would think I could have gotten one or 2 as I found bait and a few fish and I put both gizzards and trout on them.?.?.?

I even tried cutbait for about 45 minutes and had only one bite that I think was a small cat.

Well, this is becoming almost a report so might as well add a few more tidbits. Water temp was right at 50 degrees on the Southend of Lanier. I was fishing at the back of a creek mainly in 50-5 feet of water. Very clear water with 4+ foot visibility and air temp got up to about 65 with light wind from the north, and occasionally East. I tried about all methods of live bait as well as live and cut on the bottom in area I saw most fish. 2 swirls that I think were stripes on planers, one gizzard on balloon hammered but no hookup, and one greenfish. I am POSITIVE there were a few stripes around, but I was unable to get them to eat. Possibly should have tried some Bluebacks or small threadfins but didn't have any and didn't try throwing the net.

Tim Edwards

Post by Tim Edwards » February 16th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Dirk,

Really cool pic of the clouds and a nice shot of your rig bottom fishing, thx for the report

Return to “Miscellaneous”