2 Can Dos

7/14

Post by will hackney » July 15th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Hours fished: 6:30-12:00
Weather: Mostly sunny, very little wind, low 70's rising to hot as balls
Water: clear, 85.5 rising to 88.5
Bait: 6-7 inch gizz
Techniques: downlines

Getting bait on hickory the last few times I've fished has been a bit more challenging. I just haven't found the shad schooled up tight, at least not in the dark when I'm throwing. They have been real scattered out with lots of 1's, 2's, or 3's in the net. Last night I was just listening for the flips, then moving in that direction as I threw the net.
It was a beautiful morning, with very few boats out :jiggy:. It didn't take too long to get the skunk out with a small one, then after another hour or so picked up a dinker. I had brought the box of death with me, knowing that the water temps would most likely not allow for good catch and release. Had the first fish on ice and was about to call it a day when I had a good hit on one of the front rods. SWEET, a finish the day fish.....and then 2 more rods went down. Landed 2 of the 3, put em' on ice and headed for the ramp. Great way to finish up. :tupl:

John Trembley

Re: 7/14

Post by John Trembley » July 16th, 2017, 8:04 am

Nice job Will! Come to TN and see us we will catch many fish!

Shawn McNew

Post by Shawn McNew » July 16th, 2017, 5:23 pm

Man, we are definitely in a nasty hot weather pattern right now. Good going on the perseverance to catch those NC striper. :clap: Now show all your buddies how to catch them and stay in their state. :shock:

John Trembley

Post by John Trembley » July 16th, 2017, 7:09 pm

Haha Shawn actually I agree with you! OK Hackney you stay in NC, McNew you stay in GA and all the good ole TN boys will stay home :hellyea: :hellyea: :hellyea:

Mike Ward

2 Cans

Post by Mike Ward » August 4th, 2017, 8:51 am

Good write-up - wish I'd seen the pics before Photobucket booted you.... :evil:
mwardncsu

Charles Parker

Post by Charles Parker » August 5th, 2017, 7:54 pm

:clap:

Good job Will! I've wanted to check Rhodhiss out but I have never have got around to it. Shawn I'm gonna buy property in Tennessee so I can be legit LMAO!!!!

Return to “Rhodhiss”