View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2017, 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Irma 

Post Irma
Looks like this one is going mostly west of NC - you GA boys take care - hopefully it will have weakened a lot by the time it gets to you.....

September 8th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Post Re: Irma
It's just wobbling away down there. The biggest threat to us is tornadoes. I don't think the hurricane will have much punch left by the time it gets here.

September 10th, 2017, 7:52 am

That area between Marco Island and Naples is where Marie, the boys, and I would go on our Winter vacations when we lived in Illinois. There is a nice campground there just off the turnoff of Highway 41 south to Marco Island. Back in the day, the directions were to turn right at the Gulf gas station. The main office and shower rooms building might survive this, but many people leave their campers there year round. At just a few feet above sea level it looks like that entire area may be indunated by the storm surge. A lot of bad things in life can be avoided by good decision making and of course luck, but Irma is happening no matter what you do.

September 10th, 2017, 11:36 am

It was windier here on Sunday under blue skies that it was here during the storm. Hurricanes just can't get to us in the hills up north. We needed the rainfall and got about 4 inches in 2 days.. Looks like back to normal beautiful fall weather for the foreseeable future.

September 12th, 2017, 3:22 pm

On Monday, we got 55MPH winds and 4.5" of rain. They closed the Air Force Base so I was at home replaying the recordings on the Onix to get better pictures of the Striper action from the other day. The power went out just as it was getting into the fish (after 45 minutes of just riding) and didn't come back on until 16 hours later. I used my 1000W Yamaha generator to keep the freezer going but didn't want to push it by running the Onix.

September 13th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Ken Sato wrote:
On Monday, we got 55MPH winds and 4.5" of rain. They closed the Air Force Base so I was at home replaying the recordings on the Onix to get better pictures of the Striper action from the other day. The power went out just as it was getting into the fish (after 45 minutes of just riding) and didn't come back on until 16 hours later. I used my 1000W Yamaha generator to keep the freezer going but didn't want to push it by running the Onix.

Priorities Ken, priorities...... :bounce:

September 14th, 2017, 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]